BHF CRM Postdoctoral Research Fellow
Mukesh Kumar Lalwani joined Prof. Roger Patient and Dr Helle F Jørgensen group in 2014 as a postdoctoral research scientist of Oxbridge, BHF Centre of Regenerative Medicine. He was based in Prof. Roger Patient lab at Weatherall Institute of Molecular Medicine, University of Oxford. His research focus was to understand heart regeneration mechanisms, specifically pathways influencing cardiac progenitor proliferation potential in zebrafish model.
He graduated in 2003 with a B.Sc. in Biochemistry from Government Model Science College Jabalpur, India and in 2005 completed M.Sc. in Biotechnology from Department of Biological Sciences of Rani Durgavati University, Jabalpur, India. He worked as a Research Fellow in CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Delhi, India on functional genomics of non-coding RNA for two years. He joined PhD in 2009 with Dr Sridhar Sivasubbu at CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Delhi, India. His doctoral study was focused on understanding the role of microRNAs, a class of non-coding RNAs, in regulation of blood cells and blood vessel development using zebrafish model.
heart; development; myocardium; regeneration; cardiomyocyte; zebrafish
Dr Helle F Jørgensen, Dr Hashem Koohy and Dr Mikhail Spivakov, Dr Jana Koth and Rossella Rispoli
- Research Fellow, Genomics and Molecular Medicine, CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Apr 2007 - Mar 2009
- CSIR - Senior Research Fellow (PhD Student), Genomics and Molecular Medicine, CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Mar 2009 - Dec 2012
- Research Associate, Genomics and Molecular Medicine, CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology, Jan 2013 - Mar 2014
- Postdoctoral Research Scientist, Molecular Hematology Unit, DPAG, WIMM - University of Oxford, Apr 2014 - present
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.), Government Model Science College, Jabalpur (M.P.), India, Jul 2000 - Jun 2003
- Master of Science (M.Sc.), Rani Durgavati University, Jabalpur, India, Jul 2003 - Jun 2005
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), CSIR-Institute of Genomics and Integrative Biology and University of Pune, India, Mar 2009 - Nov 2013
- Department of Secondary and Higher Education, Ministry of HRD, Government of India, Graduate Aptitude Test In Engineering, Apr 2006 - Mar 2008
National Level Examination All India rank-254 Percentile: 97.5
- Biomedical Services, University of Oxford, Animals (Scientific Procedures) Act, 1986 Universities' Training Group, May 2014 - present
UK Home Office animal handling caurse
- Council of Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR), CSIR - Senior Research Fellowship, Jun 2009 - Dec 2012
- English: Can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review
- Hindi: Can read, write, speak, understand spoken and peer review
- Sindhi: Can speak and understand spoken
- Panjabi; Punjabi: Can read, write and understand spoken
- Waithe, D., Hailstone, M., Lalwani, M. K., Parton, R., Yang, L., Patient, R., . . . Davis, I. (2016). 3-D density kernel estimation for counting in microscopy image volumes using 3-D image filters and random decision trees. In Lecture Notes in Computer Science (including subseries Lecture Notes in Artificial Intelligence and Lecture Notes in Bioinformatics) Vol. 9913 LNCS (pp. 244-255). doi:10.1007/978-3-319-46604-0_18
- Shehata, B. M., Cundiff, C. A., Lee, K., Sabharwal, A., Lalwani, M. K., Davis, A. K., . . . Gibson, G. (2015). Exome sequencing of patients with histiocytoid cardiomyopathy reveals a de novo NDUFB11 mutation that plays a role in the pathogenesis of histiocytoid cardiomyopathy.. American journal of medical genetics. Part A, 167A(9), 2114-2121.
- Agarwal, T., Lalwani, M. K., Kumar, S., Roy, S., Chakraborty, T. K., Sivasubbu, S., & Maiti, S. (2014). Morphological effects of G-quadruplex stabilization using a small molecule in zebrafish.. Biochemistry, 53(7), 1117-1124.
- Singh, M., Bhartiya, D., Maini, J., Sharma, M., Singh, A. R., Kadarkaraisamy, S., . . . Sivasubbu, S. (2014). The Zebrafish GenomeWiki: a crowdsourcing approach to connect the long tail for zebrafish gene annotation.. Database : the journal of biological databases and curation, 2014, bau011.
- Kaushik, K., Leonard, V. E., Kv, S., Lalwani, M. K., Jalali, S., Patowary, A., . . . Sivasubbu, S. (2013). Dynamic expression of long non-coding RNAs (lncRNAs) in adult zebrafish.. PloS one, 8(12), e83616.
- Jalali, S., Bhartiya, D., Lalwani, M. K., Sivasubbu, S., & Scaria, V. (2013). Systematic transcriptome wide analysis of lncRNA-miRNA interactions.. PloS one, 8(2), e53823.
- Suryawanshi, H., Lalwani, M. K., Ramasamy, S., Rana, R., Scaria, V., Sivasubbu, S., & Maiti, S. (2012). Antagonism of microRNA function in zebrafish embryos by using locked nucleic acid enzymes (LNAzymes).. Chembiochem : a European journal of chemical biology, 13(4), 584-589.
- Ponnudurai, R. P., Basak, T., Ahmad, S., Bhardwaj, G., Chauhan, R. K., Singh, R. A., . . . Sengupta, S. (2012). Proteomic analysis of zebrafish (Danio rerio) embryos exposed to cyclosporine A.. Journal of proteomics, 75(3), 1004-1017.
- Lalwani, M. K., Sharma, M., Singh, A. R., Chauhan, R. K., Patowary, A., Singh, N., . . . Sivasubbu, S. (2012). Reverse genetics screen in zebrafish identifies a role of miR-142a-3p in vascular development and integrity.. PloS one, 7(12), e52588.
- Bhartiya, D., Maini, J., Sharma, M., Joshi, P., Laddha, S. V., Jalali, S., . . . Sivasubbu, S. (2010). FishMap Zv8 Update—A Genomic Regulatory Map of Zebrafish. Zebrafish, 7(2), 179-180. doi:10.1089/zeb.2009.0624
- Meli, R., Prasad, A., Patowary, A., Lalwani, M. K., Maini, J., Sharma, M., . . . Sivasubbu, S. (2008). FishMap: a community resource for zebrafish genomics.. Zebrafish, 5(2), 125-130.
- Ahluwalia, J. K., Khan, S., Soni, K., Rawat, P., Gupta, A., Hariharan, M., . . . Brahmachari, S. K. (2008). Human cellular microRNA hsa-miR-29a interferes with viral nef protein expression and HIV-1 replication. Retrovirology, 5(1), 117. doi:10.1186/1742-4690-5-117
3-D Density Kernel Estimation for Counting in Microscopy Image Volumes using 3-D Image Filters and Random Decision Trees
Waithe D. et al, (2016), ECCV 2016
Exome sequencing of patients with histiocytoid cardiomyopathy reveals a de novo NDUFB11 mutation that plays a role in the pathogenesis of histiocytoid cardiomyopathy.
Shehata BM. et al, (2015), Am J Med Genet A, 167A, 2114 - 2121
Morphological effects of G-quadruplex stabilization using a small molecule in zebrafish.
Agarwal T. et al, (2014), Biochemistry, 53, 1117 - 1124
The Zebrafish GenomeWiki: a crowdsourcing approach to connect the long tail for zebrafish gene annotation.
Singh M. et al, (2014), Database (Oxford), 2014
Dynamic expression of long non-coding RNAs (lncRNAs) in adult zebrafish.
Kaushik K. et al, (2013), PLoS One, 8