Omega PolarStar Plate Reader
- 1 November 2009 to 30 April 2011
- Awards: Infrastructure Awards
BMG PolarStar plate reader is capable of FRET, fluorescence polarization luciferase and renilla assays, transcription and protein interaction luminescence reporter assays, protein measurement, with capacity for high-throughput and automatic reagent injection. In addition it has CO2 and O2 control.
Publications linked to this award:
- Lygate CA, Bohl S, ten Hove M, Faller KM, Ostrowski PJ, Zervou S, Medway DJ, Aksentijevic D, Sebag-Montefiore L, Wallis J, Clarke K, Watkins H, Schneider JE, Neubauer S. (2012) Moderate elevation of intracellular creatine by targeting the creatine transporter protects mice from acute myocardial infarction. Cardiovasc Res. 96(3):466-75.
- Zervou S, Whittington HJ, Ostrowski PJ, Cao F, Tyler J, Lake HA, Neubauer S, Lygate CA. (2017) Increasing creatine kinase activity protects against hypoxia /reoxygenation injury but not against anthracycline toxicity in vitro. PLoS ONE 12(8): e0182994.
- Eaton, J.R.O., Alenazi, Y., Singh, K., Davies, G., Geis-Asteggiante, L., Kessler, B., Robinson, C.V., Kawamura, A. & Bhattacharya, S. The N-terminal domain of a tick evasin is critical for chemokine binding and neutralization and confers specific binding activity to other evasins. J Biol Chem (2018).
- Singh, K., Davies, G., Alenazi, Y., Eaton, J.R.O., Kawamura, A. & Bhattacharya, S. Yeast surface display identifies a family of evasins from ticks with novel polyvalent CC chemokine-binding activities. Sci Rep 7, 4267 (2017).
- Al Haj Zen, A., Nawrot, D.A., Howarth, A., Caporali, A., Ebner, D., Vernet, A., Schneider, J.E. & Bhattacharya, S. The Retinoid Agonist Tazarotene Promotes Angiogenesis and Wound Healing. Mol Ther 24, 1745-1759 (2016).
- Faherty, N., Benson, M., Sharma, E., Lee, A., Howarth, A., Lockstone, H., Ebner, D. & Bhattacharya, S. Negative autoregulation of BMP dependent transcription by SIN3B splicing reveals a role for RBM39. Sci Rep 6, 28210 (2016).
- Benson, M.A., Batchelor, H., Chuaiphichai, S., Bailey, J., Zhu, H., Stuehr, D.J., Bhattacharya, S., Channon, K.M. & Crabtree, M.J. A pivotal role for tryptophan 447 in enzymatic coupling of human endothelial nitric oxide synthase (eNOS): effects on tetrahydrobiopterin-dependent catalysis and eNOS dimerization. J Biol Chem 288, 29836-29845 (2013).
- Chuaiphichai S et al. Cell-Autonomous Role of Endothelial GTP Cyclohydrolase 1 and Tetrahydrobiopterin in Blood Pressure Regulation, Hypertension (2014).