The utility of T1-mapping in asssessment of ischaemia in non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction
- 1 June 2014 to 30 June 2015
- Awards: Pump-priming Awards
This project investigates the utility of cardiac magnetic resonance (CMR) T1-mapping in assessment of ischaemia in non-ST-elevation myocardial infarction (NSTEMI). T1-mapping is a novel quantitative CMR technique that can potentially improve assessment of patients presenting with acute coronary syndrome (ACS). We hypothesised that T1-mapping can identify the acute myocardial territory at risk downstream the culprit coronary artery, distinguishing it from bystander disease.
Publications linked to this award:
- Liu A, Wijesurendra RS, Francis JM, Robson MD, Neubauer S, Piechnik SK, Ferreira VM. “Adenosine stress and rest T1-mapping can differentiate between ischemic, infarcted, remote and normal myocardium without the need for gadolinium contrast agents” JACC Cardiovasc Imaging 2016; 9(1): 27-36.
- Liu D, Borlotti A, Viliani D, Jerosch-Herold M, Alkhalil M, De Maria GL, Fahrni G, Dawkins S, Wijesurendra R, Francis J, Ferreira V, Piechnik S, Robson MD, Banning A, Choudhury R, Neubauer S, Channon K, Kharbanda R, Dall’Armellina E. “CMR Native T1 Mapping Allows Differentiation of Reversible Versus Irreversible Myocardial Damage in ST-Segment-Elevation Myocardial Infarction: An OxAMI Study (Oxford Acute Myocardial Infarction)”. Circ Cardiovasc Imaging. 2017 Aug; 10(8).
- Liu A, Wijesurendra RS, Liu JM, Greiser A, Jerosch-Herold M, Forfar JC, Channon KM, Piechnik SK, Neubauer S, Kharbanda RK*, Ferreira VM* (*joint senior authors). “Gadolinium-free Cardiac MRI Stress T1-mapping accurately detects ischemia”. Journal of the American College of Cardiology 2018 Mar 6; 71(9); 957-968.
- VM Ferreira. Editorial: "T1-mapping of the remote myocardium - when normal is not normal", Journal of the American College of Cardiology 2018 Feb 20;71(7):779-781.