CLARIOstar Plus Plate Reader
- BMG CLARIOstar Plus microplate reader uses Linear Variable Filter (LVF) monochromators, filters and spectrometer technologies to detect:
- UV/vis absorbance spectra
- Fluorescence, such as FRET
- Luminescence, such as BRET
- Fluorescence polarisation
- Time-resolved fluorescence
- Based on LVF, the monochromators can vary spectral properties over their length such that specific wavelengths can be blocked or transmitted to eliminate the need for concave gratings. Two aligned LVF slides are used to separate excitation and emission light independently into different wavelengths and an adjustable bandwidth. The Linear Variable Dichroic mirror then separates the excitation and emission light.
- Protein quantification
- Transcription and protein interaction luminescence reporter assays
Currently in Lab 4N in the WCHG but will move to Lab3N in the middle of the year
Fluorescence Polarization (James Eaton)
Fluorescence polarisation binding assay to probe the chemokine binding of a fluorescent evasin-derived peptide. The fluorescent peptide was incubated with a single concentration of chemokine and the resulting anisotropy of the emitted light measured. An increase in anisotropy compared to negative control indicates a binding interaction.